Monday, December 28, 2020

GW15 Review (+ 16 preview)

I can't help but feel I'm going through an incredibly lucky period in fpl at the moment. I had what felt like a very average week, yet still ended up 16 points above the average.

Gameweek Points: 57
Gameweek Rank: 891,462
Overall Rank: 269,906

I'm now up to 270k in the rankings. My aim is to be within the top 100k by the end of GW19. So that's looking a bit more realistic. I just need some more luck now ..and some good judgement.

I've already made my transfer for GW16. Son in for De Bruyne. It's a little bit of a sideways move, but the fixtures look better. It also feels like the safe move.

As it stands the deadline for GW16 is just an hour or so away. Currently my side looks like this;


With my bench being so strong in preparation for GW19 I have a bit of a headache over who to start. It feels a little daft having Wilson sat second on my bench, especially given that Liverpool still have issues at the back. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him return. I have to play the fixtures though. It's Liverpool at Newcastle. Liverpool should hammer them ..at least in theory.

I feel like Soucek needs to start. He's getting goals quite frequently at the moment. So it's a question of Taylor, Coufal or Wilson taking up that final spot.

Taylor is the boring choice, with the least potential upside, but Sheffield United ain't scoring many. So a clean sheet wouldn't be surprising. The Coufal fixture isn't too bad either however, and with him the assist potential is fairly high. So it's tricky.

I guess it's a nice decision to have though.

Next gameweek I'll bring in a bench keeper for the doubles. Then it's the freehit GW18. After that I'll probably transfer out Wilson, possibly for Rodrigo.

Overall Points: 909
Overall Rank: 269,906

No comments:

Post a Comment