Tuesday, December 22, 2020

GW14 Review: Sooo greedy

91 points. A truly great week. However, I think I'm just getting greedy now, as I still find myself a little bit disappointed that I only got one point from Coufal last night. I didn't even see the game, and they were up against Chelsea, so I don't know what I was expecting. It's always the case though when you have that one player left in the final Monday night game. On the Sunday night you add that potential to your tally, no matter how unlikely a return is.

"90 points ..and I've still got one player left!"

Anyway..

Gameweek Points: 91
Gameweek Rank: 212,323
Overall Rank: 354,182

My ungratefulness aside it's all going quite well. I can proudly display the graph again.


Obviously it was quite fortunate for anyone with both Salah and Fernandes. Salah clocked up 16 points in half an hour of football, and Fernandes grabbed his 17 then came off after 70 minutes. So it was quite good going, even by their standards.

After that everything else was just a huge bonus.

Transfers..

I've already made my transfers for GW15. I went early. Struijk and Mahrez out. Alexander-Arnold and Ademola Lookman in. Obviously these have been made partly with an eye on the double gameweek.

I don't feel good taking Mahrez out before City's home tie against Newcastle - he could be a great player to own this week. However, it was the only way I could do it and keep my plans on track. It was either lose him or lose De Bruyne.

I thought TAA looked almost back to normal at the weekend, so hopefully he'll match or better Mahrez.

Charlie Taylor

Finally a little note about my Charlie Taylor transfer. I've now had him three weeks and I said it would be a 'four week calculation'. That (-4) working out as one point per week for the four weeks.

So far he's yet to come off my bench once, meaning I'm still four points down. However, each week so far he's returned. A six, a six, then a five. So if Cancelo or another defender had missed out he would've paid his way. Kilman, who I transferred him in for, just getting one point in the three games during that time (though he did play 90 minutes yesterday, which makes the Taylor transfer look even more unwise now).

Therefore, on paper I think the Taylor transfer has to go down as a mistake. Especially if he remains unused in this last of the four weeks. Conversely though, I think in theory it wasn't too bad a move, and his upcoming fixtures remain very decent if he is needed. In fact, I could potentially start him in weeks 16 and 17.

He also slots in for the double gameweek nicely too. I can't claim that as part of the equation though, as I simply wasn't aware of the doubles at the time. Likewise the games he has then aren't a great deal of use anyway (West Ham and Liverpool away). So it's not exactly a masterstroke.

He has had a £0.1m price rise however, so that's something :)

Not quite worth the (-4) hit though.

Overall Points: 852
Overall Rank: 354,182

No comments:

Post a Comment