Thursday, December 31, 2020

GW16 Review - Charlie Taylor 1 Point Extravaganza

So after four gameweeks where Charlie Taylor went unused I finally got a chance to start him. Home to Sheffield Utd, great fixture. At last a chance for him to earn that (-4) back. He then, of course, went off injured after eight minutes 😅 It was doubly disappointing too as I hadn't realised. It was only after about seventy minutes when I checked the fpl site, noticed he still only had one point and thought "Where's my six points?!! What the hell's going on here?!"

On top of that Kilman actually started this week and picked up two points. So had I just left things as they were five weeks back I'd now be a huge five points up, and not just four.

That tiny bit of misfortune aside though I actually had a very jammy week indeed.

Gameweek Points: 51
Gameweek Rank: 1,039,880
Overall Rank: 228,605

In a week where two games were called off at short notice and many quite highly owned players were rested I was one of the lucky ones who got almost a full team out.

Cancelo, Son, Lookman and Coufal all missed out. Leaving me with ten starters. Many people had far fewer though, with some having Kane and Son as captain and vice-captain. So I can count myself very fortunate.

I noted in my last post how luck seemed to be with me at the moment, so that seems to be continuing.

Now it's straight onto the next gameweek. Deadline in a day and half's time as I type. The injury to Taylor swirling round my plans once again. I'm now considering bringing in Fabianski instead of Johnstone this week. Then transferring out Taylor for another defender (perhaps Dallas) with my final free transfer before the double (I was planning on switching out Wilson, which I may still do if Taylor recovers).

With all the chaos surrounding fixture pile-ups and cancellations it's probably best to wait to get more information first though. So I'll sleep on it tonight then think some more.

Overall Points: 960
Overall Rank: 228,605

No comments:

Post a Comment