Monday, December 14, 2020

GW12 Review: Mané Captaincy Backfired

So the Mané captaincy did backfire 😢😢

As I type the game hasn't updated yet, so I'm not entirely sure what the damage is. The combination of that and the minus 4 will no doubt mean a sizeable red arrow though. Maybe I'm even back out of the top 1 million 😭

My rank should be here ---> with my gameweek points when I finally click publish..

Gameweek Points: 48 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 4,772,818
Overall Rank: 751,975

Cry-ee faces aside though I'm actually not too disappointed in all seriousness. It was a fairly solid week all things considered, and the returns from Bamford, Adams, McCarthy and Cancelo helped keep my head above water.

In hindsight not captaining Salah was a mistake (once again those penalties making such a difference), however I would probably do it again given the same circumstances. Fulham were quite impressive, and neither Salah nor Mané got much of an opportunity in open play. So it's all a bit moot. Backing Liverpool in general just didn't pay off this gameweek. Kane and Vardy were the real captain picks.

Those two, along with Aston Villa keeper Martinez and Leicester's Justin, lifting the gameweek average out of reach for me.

..oh, and the people with Soucek too, but not on the bench like I had him.

The 'Minus 4'

My minus 4 for Charlie Taylor likewise left me feeling a little philosophical. Had Cancelo been benched he'd have came on and repaid his debt in one fell swoop (Kilman did indeed miss out for Wolves). So though this week it didn't pay off I still feel it was a good move, and I'm hopeful over the coming weeks he will chip in and make it worthwhile.

GW13..

The turnaround is pretty quick this gameweek. With the next deadline being 4:30 pm Tuesday. Hence why I'm typing before the game has even updated tonight.

My plan is still to bring De Bruyne back to captain him against West Brom. Then I plan to roll a transfer for GW14. Then I'm bringing Mané back for GW15.

Yes, Mané is coming back as the plan stands 😬

It seems unwise given today's failure. However, I'm not the sort to be swayed by a single gameweek, and I still really like the idea of tripling up on Liverpool when they face West Brom.

I'll either take De Bruyne right back out again. Or I may do a double transfer. Taking out Fernandes and Wilson, to bring in Mané and Decordova-Reid - who's only 5.3m at the moment.

My thinking with these switches is mainly the fixtures. They get pretty bad for Wilson in GW15 (City, Liverpool, then Leicester), and fixtures 15 and 16 ain't ideal for Fernandes either (Leicester then Wolves).

Also De Bruyne has Newcastle at home in GW15. So I'm loathe to remove him. The triple-up for both City and Liverpool that week looks especially tempting.

I'm guessing most people reading would view a straight De Bruyne to Mané swap as a terrible move. However, I haven't been overly impressed with De Bruyne this season. He seems to always look leggy in the second half of games. Plus I prefer the Liverpool fixtures from GW15 onwards. Also Pep rotation may strike. It's only really the penalties that make me worry not owning him.

..and today highlighted how important those penalties are.

As GW13 is so near I'll probably not bother with a preview post this week and will just review things on Friday morning (previewing GW14 at the same time).

Hopefully I can get back on the green arrows.

Overall Points: 709
Overall Rank: 751,975

No comments:

Post a Comment